We’re looking for a junior software engineer with a keen interest in gaming to join us in Brighton!
As part of a team distributed across our London, Brighton and Madrid offices you’ll work closely with senior engineers to build game features for hundreds of thousands of daily users which are tested, reliable and scalable.
Attributes we’re looking for:
- You are:
- An excellent team player
- A positive and happy voice in a team
- You are able to demonstrate an ability to build web services
- Links to personal projects which show us what you’re capable of!
- If you have recently graduated, we’d love to see or read about your final year project
- Things you’ve been reading about recently
- You have a keen interest in:
- Becoming a best-in-class Games Services Engineer
- Working on world-class games across multiple platforms
- Collaborating with teams across the country (and perhaps the world)
- Object-oriented programming
- Automated testing
- Cloud computing
- Building scalable web systems
Bonus points for experience with:
- C# and Dotnet Core
- Linux (we deploy Linux containers)
- Kubernetes, Docker
- Event-based systems
- You are:
What we're looking for
Want to Work for Mediatonic?
Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years?
Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you?
Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
How to apply & really impress us.
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.