We’re looking for a Software Engineer with a background in building web services to join us as a Game Services Engineer.
You’ll work closely with your Technical Lead and the other engineers on your team to build game features which are tested, reliable and scalable. You’ll be working closely with Game Designers and Game Programmers to understand and implement new features.
- An excellent team player
- A positive and happy voice in a team
You have demonstrable experience or interest in...
- Building and delivering features for web applications
- Cloud Services (Azure, AWS, etc)
- Automated testing and TDD (NUnit, XUnit, etc)
- CI/CD (Jenkins, Azure Devops, TeamCity, etc)
- Monitoring production services (Datadog, Kibana, etc)
- Designing scalable services which scale out in response to load
- Service-oriented architectures (microservices, actor systems or otherwise)
Bonus points for experience with...
- C# and Dotnet Core
- Linux (we deploy Linux containers)
- Kubernetes, Docker
- Event Sourcing
- Pub/Sub Messaging (we use NATS)
What we're looking for
Want to Work for Mediatonic?
Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years?
Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you?
Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
How to apply & really impress us.
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.